I thought I'd share a job posting for http://TeachingBooks.net
in case you know someone who might enjoy it. I think this job will be great for any smart, energetic person who loves books, education, and working with teachers and librarians. I know it isn't a school librarian position, but it sure is connected to the field and enables advocacy and support in personable, meaningful ways.
Details of this Madison, Wisconsin-based opportunity are copied below or at http://teachingbooks.net/jobopportunity
My very best. -- Nick Glass ( email@example.com )Educational Outreach Coordinator at TeachingBooks.net
TeachingBooks.net, an educational organization that adds a multimedia dimension to the reading experiences of children's and young adult books, is looking for a qualified individual to help lead company outreach and customer support efforts.
The primary focuses of this position are to:
* Actively support the integration of multimedia into reading with current and prospective customers (teachers and librarians).
* Clearly and enthusiastically provide information to users of our service to improve their understanding of and experience with the TeachingBooks.net service.
* Communicate with license coordinators to assist them in effectively raising awareness of TeachingBooks.net within their educational communities.
Valued attributes that will enable you to thrive in this position include:
* Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
* Comfort talking with educators and presenting in front of a group.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
* Ability to manage details with ease.
* Attentiveness to data integrity.
An ideal candidate has a familiarity with and interest in education, librarianship, and books; an interest and willingness to take initiative; and experience working in a team environment.
Position is full-time with competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance. Position is on-site in a Madison, WI office.
View the complete job description at:http://TeachingBooks.net/EducationalOutreach
Reply with cover letter and resume to:
Alyssa Yokota-Lewis, Lead Educational Outreach Coordinator
TeachingBooks.net is a portal to thousands of online resources that educators and students use to explore children's and young adult books and their authors. We offer a multimedia connection to reading, and are currently licensed in more than 25,000 schools providing resources to more than 13 million students.
Learn more at: http://TeachingBooks.net/about