Reading Lists

Hello All I have a question about recommended reading lists. I'm buying some new fiction for my library soon; there haven't been fresh purchases for a few years so here is some catching up to do. However, I'm finding all the different awards lists, reading lists, associations top 10 lists, clubs' websites, expert blogs, etc, a bit much to sift through. So, what is everyone's favourite sources for books to buy for their library? Thanks in advance. Alan Jacques British International School HCMC, Vietnam

You need to be a member of TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org) to add comments!

Join TLNing (teacherlibrarian.org)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I usually use School Library Journal, Booklist, and The Horn Book Guide, but I also love to use IRA's student choice winners because I know these are books that kids will enjoy. Do you have a good relationship with a local bookstore? They are often helpful and can offer advance copies to preview, etc. Good Luck! What grades attend your school? I am glad to recommend a few popular titles or series if you tell me the grades. I am a Pre K--5th grade campus, but I've read Middle School and YA titles too.
This reply was deleted.